Epistrophe. Journal of Professional Ethics in Philosophy and Education. Studies and Practices [EPREPE] (http://eprepe.pse.aegean.gr/index.php/en/) is an annual, international, on-line, οpen-access, bilingual (English & French), the only in this specific topic and peer-reviewed journal devoted to the critical and hermeneutical analysis of issues related to the field of Professional Ethics in Education and vocational training viewed through Philosophy in general and Philosophy of Education in particular. Theories, Practices, Researches exploring this combined approach or coming across related topics fall under the scope of this journal. The journal’s basic purpose is to arouse and sustain philosophical reflections concerning ethical questions emerging within the educational practices.
The following objectives are to be highlighted:
- the systematic linkage of philosophical research with the ethical aporias in education
- the introduction of a profound reflection on professional ethics in education and vocational training
- the reconceptualization of the notion of application by laying emphasis on the element of moral transformation and innovation beyond any usual apprehension of the application as repetition
- the recognition and development of research methods appropriate to this subject
- the introduction of the institutional issue as a crucial parameter for the perception of the professional dimension and of its ethical and moral aspects
- the connection of research in professional ethics with the education of oneself
- the study, in this context, of the case of experts patients who, being able to construct knowledge on their afflictions, become full actors of the ethical dimension of their experience
- the research on the crossing of practices of the self with a view to reveal the conditions of self-transformation
- the enrichment of the possible meanings of practice
- the elaboration of the theoretical contributions of philosophy of education through the conflicts emerging on the level of professional ethics
- the disclosure of the fundamental role of an increasingly coherent understanding of the above questions for a full, conscious, emancipated educational life
- the elucidation and development of the heterogeneous, complex and conflicting aspects of professional ethics considered as a sensible way of the educational life, in order to open for individuals and collectivities, a clear view on their lives in education and in professionalization through educational practices as well
Peer Review Process
Every article should be submitted through the submission form to the editors, whom they will be responsible to consider whether texts comply with the criteria set by the Journal and the scientific committee. Then, the Editor forwards a copy of the text for blind peer-reviewing to two suitable reviewers, according to their scientific interests and specialization. Reviewers will have two months to send their comments and evaluation form. In the case that there is difference of opinion between the reviewers the final decision for the publication of a text is made by the editorial board, taking under serious consideration the reviewing comments.